The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permissions problem after site move

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Belaird, Jan 28, 2009.

  1. Belaird

    Belaird Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2004
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    I moved a site from one server to another, both at the same/latest level of cpanel and whm, the old server is centos 4.7 and the new is 5.2.

    The site copied without error, but the owner had permissions problems with his phpbb cache folders and his config files. Both weren't the same as ones we copied. From his explanation it looked like the domain was running under apache's nobody id, not the account id.

    Anyone have this problem after moving a site?
     
  2. cPanelNick

    cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2015
    Messages:
    3,426
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    38
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This is a common problem when switching back and forth between phpsu, dso and fcgi "mode" for php. You'll need to correct each applications permissions based on if php is running are nobody or the user. There is no magic way to correct this (if you care about security). You'll need to check each app and fix the permissions.
     
  3. Voltar

    Voltar Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2007
    Messages:
    269
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bakersfield, California
    Check in WHM > Service Configuration > Apache Configuration > Configure Suexec and PHP, and see what you have the php handler set to.
     
  4. Belaird

    Belaird Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2004
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    How to fix

    I thought I built both servers to run in suphp mode.


    Yep I just checked the php handler was defaulting dso...my bad, changed it back to suphp.
     
    #4 Belaird, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page