Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permissions problem?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by glenn0, Jan 9, 2018.

1. glenn0

glenn0 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I was recently suffering with a 'Not Supported' message when browsing my website. I started reading up where I could and came across:

Apache FAQ - Version 66 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

I followed this and it cured the 'Not Supported' message. It has now created another problem where session cookies are not being stored and Wordpress installs on that server require FTP access to modify/update plugins etc. This is all pointing to a permissions problem.

Can anybody tell me how best to proceed please?

Thank you.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I recommend first reinstalling the modules you removed and accessing the website without using the Mod_Userdir URL to rule that out as the source of the problem. The following document explains how to modify the hosts file on your computer to access a domain name directly before it resolves to your server:

How to Modify your hosts File - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

3. glenn0

glenn0 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Michael,

I was never using the Mod_Userdir URL, but was receiving the 'Not Supported' error, which the above cured for me. With this in mind, how can I get things working again?

Thank you.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you sure WordPress wasn't configured with a Mod_Userdir URL in it's configuration setting? You shouldn't receive the "Not Supported" message unless you or your script is accessing the website with that URL (e.g. hostname.com/~username).

I recommend reinstalling the modules you removed to restore the previous behavior.

Thank you.