The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permissions Question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lhoezee, Jul 26, 2009.

1. lhoezee

lhoezee Member

I really don't know what to search for my problem, so I'll try my best to explain it here.

I have a dedicated server with root access. This server has WHM and Cpanel.

This server is dedicated simply for one of my services I'm running, nothing else..

What I'm trying to accomplish is this:

- Member uploads a zip file locally to my domain/user account (which is the service that members sign up for)

- The zip file is then un-compressed then stored in a temporary location.

- Then I want to be able to run something similar to the copy() function in PHP to copy all the un-compressed files to their user account on the server.

Obviously, there is a permission problem because it's either one of the two problems (from what I can gather)

My user account does not have permissions or PHP/Apache does not have the correct permissions to make the request.

So my question is, what can I do to make this happen? Right now I'm using the following commands:

ftp_put(), ftp_mkdir(), and other PHP FTP functions... but they take WAY too long.

I hope this is explained well enough. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Luke

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure what this has to do with cPanel. You might try asking this over at webhostingtalk.com or look for something you can use over at hotscripts.com