The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Permit only specific email addresses can send to mailing list?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by lionlion, Apr 4, 2012.

1. lionlion

lionlion Registered

Apr 4, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am an administrator, and trying to figure out where in the mailing list options I can limit who can send to the mailing list I've created.

So far, I have a mailing list with many email addresses manually subscribed. But anyone can send to this mailing list and everyone on it will have that message forwarded. That is no good.

I would like to permit only specific email addresses to be able send emails to the mailing list. If mail arrives from anybody else, it is not forwarded. I do not want to restrict who receives emails.

From what I can see, I can in options enable any email sent to mailing list to require administrator confirmation before mail is forwarded. I do not want this.

Rather, I'd like to restrict senders whom mailing list forwards to several addresses (call them A and B) so that every other person can only receive from mailing list, but if A or B send to mailing list, their message is forwarded automatically, without requiring separate permission from administrator.

Where specifically in the options can I specify individual addresses which are permitted send to mailing list?