The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP 4.29, Centos 7, Account Migration Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by azn_romeo_4u, Apr 22, 2016.

1. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Active Member

Hi,

I have old custom apps, that use php 4.29. I got a new server, and the server is centos 7. Can cpanel still install 4.29 php?

Also how do I exclude mail files from being transferred in account migrations. I only want the public_html folder.?

EDIT. Hmmm, I just read on some forum that if you have a reseller account and you use that to do the transfer instead of root, it will only transfer the public_html folder. Is this true? If it is...this is what I will do instead.

EDIT. PHP 5.29, NOT 4.29.

#1 azn_romeo_4u, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  2. cPJacob

cPJacob cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Hi,

EasyApache 3 supports PHP 5.5 without problems. Are you specifically needing PHP 5.5.29, or will PHP 5.5 work? PHP 5.5 on both EA3 and EA4 is now at 5.5.34, so it's a little bit newer, but minor versions rarely impact scripts like that.

3. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Active Member

No I need 5.2.9. Just order a new server, and about to buy a cpanel license. My main concern is the account migration. I have old accounts from up to the year 2001, that have switched servers like 6+ times. Everytime they I migrated the accounts, it dragged a long all the old mail and stuff that I don't need. I just want the public_html folders, account stuff (names, passwords, ftp, etc), and mysql databases.

In fact, I wrote about this here somewhere. I have a problem with one account in particular, that has 50gbs of spam. It can't be deleted, because it just freezes the whole server. I am too lazy to manually download via ftp, and then upload via ftp, all my accounts (over 100gbs, 20 accounts). So that's why I am inquiring about how to account transfer just the public_html.

Thank you. Need this done by 8 days.

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    just do an account transfer skipping the /home directory then use rsync with the exclude flsg
    IE: rsync -avHz --exclude=mail/ ip:/home/username/ /home/username

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can find information on how to install PHP 5.2 in EasyApache 3 at:

Custom Modules - EasyApache - cPanel Documentation

However, note it's unsupported and we highly discourage it's use, as indicated in the above document.

Thank you.