The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP 4.4.2 Configure Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigj, Jan 11, 2007.

1. bigj

bigj Well-Known Member

*sigh* Here we go.

When I configure PHP with this:

'./configure' '--enable-pic' '--with-libdir=lib64' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-xml' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mcrypt' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-zlib' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-dom'

it chokes on:

'--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6'

with this error:

configure: error: Problem with libXpm.(a|so) or libX11.(a|so). Please check config.log for more information.

I know this error has been talked about untold times in the past and researching each solution didn't solve my problem. I have both a /usr/X11R6/lib and a /usr/X11R6/lib64 directory and I'm not sure if this is causig the problem.

The box is Centos 4.x x86_64 (I could be wrong on the version but I know it's x86_64). I have all the required libraries like xorg-x11-devel installed. In fact this version of PHP was compiled back in November using this exact same string minus the last two flags and I had no problems.

Anyone have any suggestions?

--
    bigj