The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP 5.04 Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gunmuse, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunmuse

gunmuse Well-Known Member

Started this thread to keep this from being scattered with all the 4.3.11 guys.

Some of us are using features in 5.0's php and its not ok for this to be the "Second thought" when developing Cpanel or issueing upgrades.

As We are also using 4.1 Mysql features as well. 5.0 is over a year old an not being able to keep it up2date is one problem but losing the ablity to keep it installed as this last update was another.

I will attempt the patch work....

cd /usr/lib/mysql
    rename .a .a_old *.a
    rename .la .la_old *.la

Then run configure/make/make install

Then rename these files back.

cd /usr/lib/mysql
    rename .a_old .a *.a_old
    rename .la_old .la *.la_old

I will update this thread if it works or does not.

2. gunmuse

Yeah don't do that. Didn't work.

3. ZapX.net

ZapX.net Well-Known Member

Yes, I had an unfortunate incident with the attempted upgrade. The CLI version went down to 4.3.10, and PHP wasn't loaded into Apache. I'll wait this one out until someone gives a fix or CPanel fixes it.

4. gunmuse

http://www.gunmuse.com/phpinfo.php

Upgraded to 5.04

Cpanel Tech said that the XMLRPC was causing the grief so try unselecting that.

Truthfully. Each time I built it completely ignored the phpinstall.

Also I note that in httpd.conf under the virtual accounts.

phpmod4.c is the listed if then on each virtual account. Even though I am running 5.c So is this causing me grief somewhere that I don't know about yet?

IN the UsersCP I see this.

PHP version 4.3.11
    MySQL version 4.1.10a-standard

So either there is a reporting issue or CP is not completely upgrading all the accounts. EVEN new accounts still register as 4.c mod users.

#4 gunmuse, Apr 11, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  5. gunmuse

Does a Cpanel Tech want to answer the reasons WHY? I see what I am seeing?

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you want support from cPanel, you need to either log a ticket with them or create an entry in bugzilla. The forums are not the place for it.

7. gunmuse

Then remove them from your support path. If I click support this is an option.

My question is more information ladden as to WHY? and not that it isn't functioning.

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Regardless, that is what you have to do.

Actually the site was changed, looks like someone uploaded the old support page.

9. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

These forums are for the Cpanel administrators community, it is not a way to get support directly from Cpanel. If you bothered reading anything at all or actually paying attention to what Chirpy had told you that would have dawned on you by now. Open a ticket with Cpanel if you are a direct customer of Cpanel, if you aren't then you need to open one with the Datacenter you lease your server from.

10. gunmuse

had you bothered to read what I wrote instead of piping off I asked a general question why. I was not looking for support. Cpanel support had already fixed the problem. If you can't inform others of quirks being found then there is no need for a forum.

I shouldn't have to open a support ticket to ask a question about why cpanel is doing something its doing. My last comment on this forum before everyones high and mighty opinion was an update to how a problem was fixed.

#10 gunmuse, Apr 21, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  11. gunmuse

CP Tech Quote
    If you don't understand what your system is doing or don't pay attention to conflicting inforamtion that cpanel gives you. Please do not lecture me on Cpanel adminstration. This was an administration quirk question that ANY ONE could of answered. It was stupid to have to waste the time of a cpanel tech for that answer.

12. kris1351

Well, since your server is through The Planet that means your license is owned by The Planet. Cpanel does not have to ever respond to you as you are not a customer of theirs. That is explained quite well here on the forums and in their support docs. These forums are community forums for those that run and use Cpanel. Coming on here and talking like you don't wont gain you any points with the moderators or the others like myself that sit and offer people help with problems. We do this for free with nothing asked in return except a little respect. I saw your other thread where you jumped at Chirpy and it deserved to be locked and jumping at those that tried to help you just doesn't make much sense.

13. gunmuse

Please point out where anyone who has smarted off in one of my posts has actually done anything that resembles helpful.

My posts are put up WHILE I was talking to support so that others would benefit from a ongoing problem.

Chirpy locked a post, doesn't mean it was the responsible thing to do. As the question can't even BE ANSWERED BY SUPPORT. Now there is no way to update that post with the answer.

Coming in and acting like I should be butt kissing when I start a topic for the sake of eventually answering it myself anyway so that others don't have to hunt around for answers as hard as I have had to.

Both of you Chimed in to send someone with a question to somewhere else. HELPFUL would of been answering the question. Not pointing out that this is not a support forum anymore. Or acting like you read the TOS of every site every time you go to it and others are just "dumber" than you.

So since you have not actually provided any help.
    You have done nothing but pipe off about why help should not be available to me.
    You really have no clue what your talking about in any point of this matter because your not privy to any facts. All you want to do is argue and clutter up a post with garbage that is not relevant to the reason it was started.

All I did was ask a Cpanel tech to respond with an answer since none of you "old hats" knew the answer or were just so much better than me that you felt I didn't deserve it. Just keep your "comments" to yourself. As they have no place in any business forum no matter how long you have been hanging around. Your sarcasm is not helpful and it only means that posts like this from me will be warranted as an "old hat" you should know that so it was obviously your intent to start an argument.

Is your cable broken?

14. kris1351

Nah you just keep reinforcing the situation with your posts. Good luck to ya.

15. FWC

FWC Well-Known Member

You have to admire the old "If I'm completely obnoxious and abusive people will feel compelled to help me" ploy. It works every time. :rolleyes:

16. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

thanks for the entertainment, guys !
    I love a good flaming battle ! :D

17. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Evidently, you did ask for support. In all probability you won't get a reply from a cPanel Tech in the forums, I've already told you the support route. Please refrain from abusive postings.

Closing thread.

#17 chirpy, Apr 22, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.