Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

php 5.2 doesnt support mysql 4.1 - what??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom_taylor, Jan 25, 2007.

1. tom_taylor

tom_taylor Active Member

Hiya

For some reason when i compiled php 5.2 with the following,

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-xml --with-mm --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --with-dom --with-dom-xslt --with-dom-exslt --with-swf=/usr/local/flash --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-gettext --with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2004g --enable-mbstring --enable-mbstr-enc-trans --enable-mbregex --with-mcrypt --enable-memory-limit --with-mhash --enable-magic-quotes --with-mm --with-mysqli --with-mysql=/usr --with-openssl --enable-discard-path --with-pdflib --with-pear --with-pspell --enable-xslt --with-xslt-sablot --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning --enable-wddx --with-xmlrpc --with-zip --with-zlib --with-tidy --with-tidy-dir=/usr/local/lib/ --with-freetype --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib
    Drupal turns round during installation and says:

I can't seem to find any extensions for php5.2 for mysql or anything too :( Shouldn't these be generated during the compile and make install process???

Attached is the php.ini file which i believe is sym linked to zends directory where the ini file is located

also you can see the pph info here: http://82.195.142.5/~nite/phpinfo.php

How can i fix this, what needs to be changed so it can work with mysql 4.1? Do i need to upgrade mysql to v 5??

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yep, php 5 requires mysql 5

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

We are running PHP5.2 with mySQL 4.1.21 on nearly all of our servers without any issues !
    So that combo should really work fine, and drubal works fine with that combo too.

rhenderson likes this.
  4. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Our ./configure line has this for the MySQL

--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config --with-mysql=/usr

Also you have --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning

From what I understand --enable-track-vars is not needed if you run Zend so we chose to --without-track-vars also --enable-versioning is something we changed when we first went to PHP 5.x.x. You can look that one up on the forums but it was a problem I don't remember what it was.