The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP 5.3.4 and Curl Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Belaird, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Belaird

Belaird Well-Known Member

I recently updated to PHP 5.3.4. But when I went thru the testing of various PHP applications I ran across one that was failing, my shopping cart "Clickcart pro 7.1. I fell back to PHP 5.2.x until I could get some clarification on upgrading to 5.3.4.
    Their supports said:
    I have the curl included in my easyapache build, but I didn't see any reference in the php.ini file for loading a curl.so extension.
    Is there something I am not doing or an option I need to select?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check the output of phpinfo(). You can do this either by browsing a page containing a simple phpinfo() PHP script in a Web browser, or by running php -i from the shell; either will give you the same information. You should see something like this:

Code:
    # php -i|grep -i curl
    Configure Command =>  './configure'  '--disable-pdo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-gd' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'
    curl
    cURL support => enabled
    cURL Information => libcurl/7.20.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5
    If there is no mention of cURL in the output, then the cURL extension was not built into PHP. The EasyApache build log will indicate why. The build logs are located in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/easy/apache.

3. sirdopes

sirdopes Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

To add a little more clarification, curl is compiled into php and you are not going to see a reference to it in the php.ini. Using what Jared replied with, you can confirm it was compiled in.