Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

PHP 5.6.32 Updates?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Reado, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Reado

Reado Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    PHP 5.6.32 was released 5 days ago and still no EA4 update. Why's it taking so long to release? I wouldn't usually be bothered, but this release has security fixes!!

2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    PHP 5.6.32 as well as PHP 7.0.25 and PHP 7.1.11 and Apache 2.4.29 have been added to the cPanel github repository, but have not yet been added to the EA4 rpm repositories.

I agree that it's kind of frustrating that you have to wait for these updates, but such is the case when you depend on someone to provide packages. PHP has to release updates and then cPanel has to get those updated PHP packages and morph them into whatever cPanel uses and then provide them. All of that just takes time.

I believe typically cPanel releases updates for PHP and Apache on Tuesday (or is it Thursday?... it's one of those days that start with T).

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

The updated PHP versions are tentatively scheduled for publication in an EasyApache maintenance release later today.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...