cPanelAdam

Product Owner (EasyApache)
Staff member
Apr 19, 2004
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
While the EasyApache team has been working on PHP 7.4, we've also been working on the Up Next initiative to migrate EasyApache3 machines to EasyApache4(https://cpanel.net/easyapache-3-to-4/). I understand that this is frustrating, and I do apologize for the delay, we are working as hard as we can to release PHP 7.4 with the same quality we've always provided from our previous PHP releases. Currently we're working on the last few bits to provide CentOS 6 support. If you have a dire need for PHP 7.4, our partner, CloudLinux, is offering it through their PHP distribution channels on cPanel systems as an alternative option while we complete our release of PHP 7.4.

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
@cPanelAdam If you are referring to Cloud Linux's PHP Selector, I don't that that's really an option for most customers. The way that the end users decides what version of PHP to use (PHP Selector Vs MultiPHP) are different and the underlying mechanism (.htaccess vs .cl.selector/defaults.cfg) are totally different and you can't (easily) switch between them.

Chi.C.J.Rajeeva Lochana

May 27, 2019
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
@cPanelAdam I understand the difficulties, as there is a lot to implement just to make it so that it is easy to install, and all the extensions included. Even though I don't know how cPanel implements the PHP vesions onto EasyApache. EasyApache3 to EasyApache4 should be the first priority here right now. I am sad about Centos 6 support end (I don't mean cPanel, I mean the official Centos 6 eol, not pointing about the end of support for Centos 6 by cPanel), cuz many people will be frustrated a bit.

jrxpress

Sep 26, 2014
New York, United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPanelAdam I understand the difficulties, as there is a lot to implement just to make it so that it is easy to install, and all the extensions included. Even though I don't know how cPanel implements the PHP vesions onto EasyApache. EasyApache3 to EasyApache4 should be the first priority here right now. I am sad about Centos 6 support end (I don't mean cPanel, I mean the official Centos 6 eol, not pointing about the end of support for Centos 6 by cPanel), cuz many people will be frustrated a bit.
Exactly, i have one dedicated server running on Centos 6 and would be great if there is an update option to migrate to Centos 7 without the need to start a complete new setup from scratch.. do you know anything about migrating Centos 6 to Centos 7 without too much drama ? Any advice would be appreciated ;-)

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hey guys,

I've got some good news for you today. PHP 7.4 is being released right now. Give it a bit of time, but it should be available to you in the next few hours.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hey @vacancy
It looks like ioncube isn't ready for PHP 7.4 Loader Download - PHP Encoder, protection, installer and performance tools from ionCube they've only got a beta release and we don't use any beta releases as noted they shouldn't be used in a production environment. We have a case open for it as soon as it's ready though EA-8868

Just to get ahead of things as well I want to note that there will be an update from PHP for 7.4 tomorrow which we should be pushing next week on Wednesday

Last edited: