The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP an CGI Send Mail Not Working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by wizhoo, Apr 21, 2003.

1. wizhoo

wizhoo Member

2. howard

howard Well-Known Member

Usually it can mean one of the following

a) the nameservers at the remote end are not functioning properly (i say remote end because that looks like a message generated by sendmail rather than exim)

b) the nameservers for somedomain.com were either timing out, returned a negative answer, or otherwise unaccessible when the remote host asked them

c) there is no A record for my.servername.com (you can check this by going to http://www.dnsstuf.com this could result in the negative answer mentioned above)

3. wizhoo

wizhoo Member

Thank you for your reply.

a.) message says: This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim). Doesn't that mean that it is a Exim errror?
    b.) maybe, but I have tried different email addresses. It fails to often to be timing out unless it is server side.
    c.) DNS is fine for server.com shows A record and reverse.

Should a domain be set-up for server.com?

4. howard

howard Well-Known Member

Not necessary up to 'The following address(es) failed' its just a generic message whenever exim has a problem delivering a message/email it could be problem on the local server or it could be problem when talking to another server and it would be the same first line or so

Is it the same server which fails the address each time? or is it a scattering of them?

Just checking that includes the my.servername.com in the first message (that is if the my is meant to be a obscured version of something else)