The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Php and PDO Extension

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chapsrulez, Feb 2, 2011.

1. chapsrulez

chapsrulez Member

Hi.

Im trying to install Drupal on one the following server:
    WHM 11.28.64
    CENTOS 5.5 x86_64 standard on hadid
    PHP Version 5.2.14

But im unable to install it because the drupal installation gives me the following error:
    PHP extensions Disabled
    Drupal requires you to enable the PHP extensions in the following list (see the system requirements page for more information):
    •pdo

Database support Disabled
    Your web server does not appear to support PDO (PHP Data Objects). Ask your hosting provider if they support the native PDO extension. See the system requirements page for more information.

So im missing pdo support.

I have tried to install DPO extension via WHM -> Software -> Module Installers -> PHP Extensions but i recive the following error:
    Failed to download pear/Structures_DataGrid within preferred state "stable", latest release is version 0.9.1dev1, stability "beta", use "channel://pear.php.net/Structures_DataGrid-0.9.1dev1" to install
    Warning: popen() has been disabled for security reasons in OS/Guess.php on line 242
    Warning: popen() has been disabled for security reasons in /usr/lib/php/OS/Guess.php on line 242
    Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in OS/Guess.php on line 243
    Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/lib/php/OS/Guess.php on line 243
    Warning: pclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in OS/Guess.php on line 252
    Warning: pclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/lib/php/OS/Guess.php on line 252
    pear/Structures_DataGrid_DataSource_PDO requires package "pear/Structures_DataGrid" (version >= 0.8.4)
    No valid packages found
    install failed

So my question is what is the easiest way to install PDO to work with mysql?

Thanks for the replies and info.
    /cas

2. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You need to recompile php to enable the module PDO. You can do it with the help of easy apache from whm or using the cpanel script /scripts/easyapache .

You can also install PDO using source with the help of phpize.

3. dayvidmen

dayvidmen Registered

Hi, I know this is an old post, but I would like to know how to configure this on cpanel, I can´t install drupal for this reason, what exactly do I have to add here /scripts/easyapache ?

Please help me.

Thank you

4. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Inorder to install PDO you need to execute /scripts/easyapache .