Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

php/apache error log?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magj, Feb 9, 2018.

1. magj

magj Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi

I know it seems a newbie 's Question but After switching to easyapache 4 I cannot find php error_log (which typically was there in the same directory of the php script)

None of 500 internal server errors are logged there even in cpanel errors menu.

I can tail the apache error log file but the user cannot find the error file.

FYI I use cloudlinux php selector and multi php manager and none of the versions log it as supposed. The log folder on user's home folder is only logging access logs not the error.

Where is the default path of error log of php and apache ?

Any help would be appreciated

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you browse to "WHM >> MultiPHP Manager" and let us know which PHP handler you are using for the affected accounts? For instance, is PHP-FPM enabled for these accounts?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShakeR

ShakeR Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    For the record, whoever decided to change this in EA4 could not have failed any harder. Tracking PHP errors used to be intuitive and easy, now it's handler specific and buried in unrelated paths.

Where is the log if your handler is suphp?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @ShakeR,

If you are using suPHP, individual error_log files should exist in the document root of the PHP script by default. Is that not happening on your system?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...