The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP auto update issue

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Krazie, May 31, 2011.

1. Krazie

Krazie Member

Hello!

I'm hoping someone can help with this issue I'm having. I have a php script that auto updates every hour. Not via a crontab though. The script does it automatically. I have my own dedicated server where the script does not update on it's own, and I have paid hosting on another server, where it does update. Both installations of the script are identical. The setups are not. I am wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know which setting needs to be changed to have the script auto run/auto update. I'm not sure if it's a php variable, or apache module, or what. Here is the php_info() from both.

PHP Test Script
    PHP Test Script

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you provide a copy of the script as well?

Next, do you have error logging enabled? If so, does the error_log file on the account show anything in regards to the script on the machine where it isn't updating properly?

3. Krazie

Krazie Member

I'm not sure if I am allowed to upload the script or not as it's a private/paid script. However I do have error logging enabled, but there is no error log. It's just as if it's not even attempting to execute. The first link above is the one it will not run on. The second link it will run on with no issues.

Is there some option that allows/enables a php script to execute? I'm not sure what other problems there could be.

4. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are both machines using the same PHP handler? The handlers available with cPanel are DSO, suPHP, CGI and FCGI, and the handler on cPanel can be determined in WHM > Apache Configuration > PHP and SuExec Configuration area.

5. Krazie

Krazie Member

I only have root to the one server, the other one I do not as it is just a hosting account I pay for. On the server I have root on it is running DSO. The other values are:

Code:
    Default PHP Version (.php files)	5
    PHP 5 Handler	dso
    PHP 4 Handler	none

Apache suEXEC	on
    Alter Configuration

Option	Value
    Default PHP Version (.php files)	5
    PHP 5 Handler	DSO
    PHP 4 Handler	none

Apache suEXEC	on
    Thank you for your help so far, it's greatly appreciated :)

6. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there any way to check on the machine where you don't have root which PHP handler is being used? If it has to do with executing, DSO normally requires higher permissions on a file than suPHP or FCGI would require.

7. Krazie

Krazie Member

I have submitted a ticket to the CS at that site. Sometimes it takes a little bit of time to hear back from them. Also the site is basically an autoblog. It will manually work, but it just won't update on it's own. I don't understand. Anyway I'll post back when they reply. Thanks again! :)