lilywhite

Member
Mar 15, 2005
6
0
151
I'm trying to install a piece of forum software (UBBthreads), and near the end of the installation get an error because of a security setting that does not allow php to open a URL. I had no idea what this meant, but started to get an inkling when I realized that my Gallery (Menalto) software on the same site is also not working -- and functions in much the same way.

The weird thing is, I have another account on the same server that will take the install just fine -- but both of the accounts in question have the same "package" -- I'm lost. Does anyone have an idea where I can begin to look. My host is stumped as well, which is irritating.
 
Last edited:

lilywhite

Member
Mar 15, 2005
6
0
151
bornonline said:
"php can't open URL" is the exact error?
This is the screen for "Step 5"

http://www.lilywhite.net/error.JPG

And if I then click on either button, it returns a Cannot Display Page.

The same thing happens with my gallery software:

http://www.lilywhite.net/gallery

If you click on any album, you'll see.

But this works fine:

http://www.tamarabraunonline.net/gallery

And those accounts are all on the same server.

So at some point I was setting up accounts that worked, and now I'm not -- and I set them up exactly the same, as far as I know.

The remaining control test for me is to try to isntall UBB threads at that last site, where the Gallery DOES work. I'll let you know the results.
 

dalem

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Oct 24, 2003
2,984
159
368
SLC
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
either those files or folders do not exist or it is a pemission problem

http://www.lilywhite.net/gallery/ this error is probably for sure a pemission problem

see the program docs for the correct permission's
 

lilywhite

Member
Mar 15, 2005
6
0
151
dalem said:
either those files or folders do not exist or it is a pemission problem

http://www.lilywhite.net/gallery/ this error is probably for sure a pemission problem

see the program docs for the correct permission's
I respectfully disagree -- all the files are chmodded to 777. Not that I necessarily want them that way, but I did it to make sure that wasn't the issue and haven't set them back yet.

:-(

I realize it looks like trying to access a nonexistent folder/file, which is what is so perplexing -- they're definitely there. :-(

All I can figure is I DID something -- changed some setting or something -- since the first couple of accounts I set up on this server work perfectly and now anything that requires these kind of php abilities/permissions is failing. :-(

I'm so mad -- I was really excited about my new server and turns out I'm too dumb to use it!!
:confused: