The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP CGI error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carju, Aug 14, 2003.

1. carju

carju Registered

Today several servers in our data center that use CPanel are having issues with the PHP CGI. Did the latest CPanel update cause this? IS anyone else having trouble accessing the PHP CGI?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Tim Greer

Tim Greer Well-Known Member

A client of ours reported this issue, which I resolved by recompiling the web server. Yes, this appears to be due to an update--I could be wrong, but they didn't change anything in a week. You can try modifying the force_cgi_redirect directive in the php.ini file and restarting the web service--assuming you have the same error I dealt with on this client's server. It would be related to PHP as CGI that's causing this, if that's the error you receive.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. dhecker

dhecker Well-Known Member

php as cgi

My server is running php as cgi, and this is causing one of my developers to complain about it. The problem is, I can't seem to figure out why it's running in cgi mode - I have the module installed and loaded in the httpd.conf.

Can anyone tell me how to make it run NOT in cgi mode??

thanks, Dave

4. Tim Greer

Tim Greer Well-Known Member

Re: php as cgi

Compile it for mod_php. Using /scripts/easyapache (if you use that), you can simply _not_ select the "PHPsuexec" option.