The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP compiled with curl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fireform90, Oct 21, 2002.

1. fireform90

fireform90 Active Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if I compile php with curl, when cpanel updates will it override this? I need php with curl for several scripts I am going to install for accounting/secure connections to other servers.

If anyone has any information on this please let me know!!

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

2. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

You could grab and run the buildapache.sea file. I believe /scripts/easyapache will get it for you and allow you to configure it as needed. Chose the advanced option and then you can check off curl to be added.

3. fireform90

fireform90 Active Member

I was under the impression in order to compile php with curl, I would need to compile php?

Also I have zend optimizer installed, would I need to reinstall this afterwards?

4. JustinK

JustinK Well-Known Member

Well, that's one method of doing it. If you have the php files there already you can just compile that in. Some just find it easier to use apache setup and check off the little box.

5. fireform90

fireform90 Active Member

Ok,

thanks alot! hopefully this goes ok :)

6. fireform90

fireform90 Active Member

Hello,

I tried this, but it didnt compile curl with php, it just did whatever is already there it seems?

I am obviously somewhat inexperienced with this, so if you can offer me some guidance it would be appreciated.

7. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Do a phpinfo to get your current compile.

If you still have the buildapache extracted, you should have a php-4.2.x directory under /root/installd/buildapache/php-4.2.x -

Move into that directory.

rm config.cache -f
    make clean

Then run

./configure (all the options in your current php compile and add curl) --with-curl

For instance:

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --with-gd=../gd-1.8.4 --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-imap=../imap-2001.BETA.SNAP-0105220031 --with-mcrypt --with-ming=../ming-0.1.1 --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql --with-pear --enable-safe-mode --enable-track-vars --with-ttf --enable-versioning --with-curl --with-zlib

Then:

make
    make install

Restart apache, and then look at your phpinfo again.

The above is a fairly standard build on most cPanel machines, with the addition of curl. Some people have reported problems recompiling --with-mcrypt, so if you get errors during the make and it bombs on mcrypt, you'll probably need to remove that from the compile and go through the steps again. All this assumes that you have curl built on the system, of course.

8. haze

haze Well-Known Member

We have used the advanced option of buildapache to compile with curl on our RH 7.1 and 7.2 systems with no problem, you need to make sure you enter the php module area and select it as an option. Otherwise you could do it manually.