The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP Contact Form

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by smithindia8, Jan 29, 2010.

1. smithindia8

smithindia8 Registered

I am running my website and using PHP contact Form in my website nut it is showing some SMTP error....can any body help me to solve out this problem and run my contact form properly....?

2. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What is the error?

- Scott

3. jakesenmargen

jakesenmargen BANNED

My website was hijacked and I dont know how - it does have a php contact form but it doesn't hook up to a database so no sql!

4. langdon4487

langdon4487 Registered

If you're searching for a way to send via SMTP, then I guess you don't mean the mail() function as you would find tonnes of information on that.

There's an alternative way, using PHP and sockets to connect to the SMTP server and send the commands that are requested by the SMTP server, the problem however is that most SMTP servers are set up to not allow RELAYing of messages from outside without SMTP authentification that you are actually an allowed user to use that SMTP server, reason being many SPAM mailers could use these servers to distribute their mail if they were not secured against it.

If you want to find ideas, look for SMTP via Telnet methods, and then learn PHP sockets to do the exact same thing, as the method is just the same, except you're using PHP to do what you would do in Telnet.

You will probably also need to read the RFC on SMTP so you can understand how verification and authentification is done, as well as limitations on it.