PHP copy() problem, the new file's owner is "nobody"?

markking

Registered
Aug 2, 2008
Hey guys,
Currently I am working on a PHP script that will copy a file

copy (sourceFile, destFile);

But after making the copy, the destFile has owner of "nobody" while the sourceFile still has the correct owner of "myUsername".

At first I thought it was doing this because suPHP was not enabled, or just not working. I have gone back into CPanel WHM and checked that suPHP is enabled, and I also see suPHP is running via

[email protected] # /usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_phpc

which says I am using suPHP

Can anyone lead me into the right direction to get the owner to be the same as making the copy?

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks!

Stefaans

Mar 5, 2002
Vancouver, Canada
This does indeed seem like SuPHP is not active. If it was, the owner of the copied file would have been the account user, not nobody.

I suggest you have a look (in WHM) at Configure PHP and SuExec and check that SuPHP is indeed selected as the handler for the particular version of PHP.

You can also have a look at the log at /usr/local/apache/logs/suphp_log to verify that SuPHP is indeed being called for this account.

markking

Registered
Aug 2, 2008
Thank you for your help.

I tried

tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/suphp_log

result message
-----------------------------------
tail: cannot open `/usr/local/apache/logs/suphp_log' for reading: No such file or directory
tail: no files remaining

I looked under "Configure PHP and SuExec" and this is what I see

Current Configuration

Option Configured Value
Default PHP Version (.php files) 5
PHP 5 Handler dso
PHP 4 Handler none

Apache suEXEC on

Also, when I run the PHP scripts I see they are being ran as "nobody" I get this information from running "top"

Can you please tell me what I might need to do to get it to work correctly? Thank you!!

Stefaans

Mar 5, 2002
Vancouver, Canada
Current Configuration

Option Configured Value
Default PHP Version (.php files) 5
PHP 5 Handler dso
PHP 4 Handler none

Apache suEXEC on
The dso setting confirms that you are not using SuPHP. That fact that the suphp_log file does not exist either, reinforces this.

Check if you have the option to set the handler to suphp. If not, you need to rebuild Apache with SuPHP support.

I hope this helps ;)

markking

Registered
Aug 2, 2008
The dso setting confirms that you are not using SuPHP. That fact that the suphp_log file does not exist either, reinforces this.

Check if you have the option to set the handler to suphp. If not, you need to rebuild Apache with SuPHP support.

I hope this helps ;)
I set the handler to suPHP and everything is working great. Thanks for the help
Stefaans!