PHP disabled while provisioning new modules

Sinus Pi

Apr 19, 2018
Poland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello.

As I was upgrading my EA4-managed PHP7 installation to add a few modules, I kept reloading a particular PHP page and at one point it returned all my PHP source code, as if - for that moment - PHP support in Apache failed and the server chose to simply display my source directly. This is obviously a security concern, as database passwords or other critical data may get exposed that way. I'm thus not very willing to try to reproduce the issue again, as I don't have completely separate, non-production cPanel installations at the moment. Can you verify if there is, at any point during the provisioning, a brief time where PHP could be disabled but Apache still running?

Last edited:

Sinus Pi

Apr 19, 2018
Poland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I can do that when I get it approved by people upstairs - for now I merely wanted to know if it's a known issue, or maybe an obvious "hell, right, we didn't expect that to happen, it could cause trouble indeed" forehead-slapper.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @Sinus Pi,

I was unable to reproduce this behavior on a test system. It's my understanding that this behavior is not excepted or intended, so a support ticket would help us to investigate the cause of the issue on the affected system.

Thank you.