The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php errors after username change.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devil Inside, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Devil Inside

Devil Inside Well-Known Member

I had some issues adding a client via regular signup through ModernBill.

And after signup - I adjusted the client's username and password per her request. Ever since - the following error will pop up when attempting to access php scripts:

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/doorsecr/public_html/modernbill/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/emmaygee:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/doorsecr/public_html/modernbill/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/doorsecr/public_html/modernbill/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

emmaygee is the client
    doorsecr is the username of the section I set asside for ModernBill operation.

Here is another error I get sometimes when checking my phpinfo.php page:

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpinfo.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/emmaygee:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpinfo.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/phpinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line

Any idea how to fix this? Or what is wrong would be good too...

Thank you!

2. Elliot

Elliot Well-Known Member

I would start by checking your open_basedir settings in WHM
    Tweak Security -> php open_basedir Tweak

3. Devil Inside

Devil Inside Well-Known Member

Thanks Elliot,

So far it looks like it worked. I clicked around in modernbill for a few minutes with no errors.

When I set up the server - I enabled protection and just forgot about that page.

4. Elliot

Elliot Well-Known Member

No problem! :)