The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B12Org, Jan 17, 2004.

1. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Any one know why people are getting errors?

(/home2/user#1/public_html/filename.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/user#2:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp)

This happens when one user is trying to access a php page on his website (has previously worked, and now doesnt always work). It is saying that the search path is including a different users directory. Nothing has changed, been updated or edited in the last week, and worked yesterday, and works about 90% of the time. Most people on the server are experiencing this at least once per day.

2. nappa

nappa Active Member

heck!

I just posted this a minute ago >> http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19119

It's the exact same problem . did you do what I said in my post -- or something else is causing this ?

Basiclaly - I was using the server with safe mode off - but then turned it on ( easyapache) and then off again . So now - I'm having this problem.

NAPPA

3. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I never turned safe mode on in the first place, and I feel the same way about openbasedir, I will not turn it off, nor will I disable it for individuals, exactly for the reason you stated in your posts.