The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php files not running

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icanectc, Jul 13, 2003.

1. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

I seem to be having a problem on a second dedicated server. 1 server PHP works fine. on the other it just seems to want to download the .php files it asks us to save the document or open it. Ive checked all the mime type and apache handlers and perl modules installed and it all matches to what the other server has that php is working on. Both run Edge releases of Cpanel/WHM.

Also for the longest MySQL was down and would not start. after trying to start it in SSH i found that the mysql.sock file was missing from var/lib/mysql and that the .pid file it was looking for was mispelled after renaming the file to what it wanted it to look for mySQL started back up and we are able to access mySQL again.

Any ideas on whats going on with PHP? We tried easyapache with opt 1 and 2. to no luck.

Also when trying to install php-Nuke onto a dedicated server it would tell us error 1045 user jesus10 not allowed to install this or something like that. however its his server hes the only one on it he has full root access.

Best Wishes,
    Mike

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. N9ne

N9ne Well-Known Member

Sounds like the two lines that make php work in httpd.conf aren't there.

3. rcthost

rcthost Active Member

What are the 2 lines? I am having this problem also. Thanks!