The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP Files 'vanish'. Can magic then be real?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slap, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Slap

Slap Registered

Nov 22, 2010

I am having problems with my website, and do use cPanel. I have uploaded the PHP scripts via cPanel into my file manager - everything seems fine, and the website does load. However, after a few hours or sometimes a day and a half the website just 'vanishes'; as I go to investigate the files in the cPanel File Manager, I come to find that the file size is 0 bytes and the contents are empty. It was not like this before.

I know that you may be thinking that this could be a potential intrusion into my account, however, I have changed my username and am also using a different password. The system administrators have not tampered with my account either.

What could be causing this issue? It is driving me insane. Other scripts such as WordPress seem to running fine on a different account but on the same server.

2. pwhjenny

pwhjenny Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can use stat command to figure out what time did the file updated and can check ftp logs at that time it will show you if the server is being accessed via ftp and changes made to the file. Changing password does not means that your website can not be hacked, there are many other ways to break into your account and make changes.