The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP fopen() fails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Markwaugh, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Markwaugh

Markwaugh Well-Known Member

Hello guys,

I have a problem in php fopen()

fopen() fails. It doesn't open the file for writing. The error shown follows:

Warning: fopen(test.enc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mark/public_html/mmmm/ssss.php on line 27

Another script (in another dir) also doesn't work.

using the page http://something.com/mmmm/something.html I am trying to save encrypted text to a file which I will decrypt and use on another script.

out of several (about 20 to 30 times) tries, it created the file (test.enc) only once. I thought it creates only if the destination file exists, but its not the case. (i am calling fopen() in "w" mode, so it should create the file if it doesn't exist)

but in any case the file is not created as the fopen() fails. (i wonder how it created at that time)

how to test PHP is not fully configured and/or tested? any ideas would be higly appreciated.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Jemshi

Jemshi Well-Known Member

nobody has got write permission at the other end ?

3. Markwaugh

Markwaugh Well-Known Member

Jemshi,

Thank you for the help.

nobody has read permission and i don't understand what do u mean by other end ? can you please elaborate so that it will be very helpful for me and i can explan my clients. where do i check. i don't have any idea about it.

Thank u once again.