The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP form mail not being transmitted in PHP 5.0.4

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jdebois99, Sep 6, 2006.

1. jdebois99

jdebois99 Registered

I currently have 2 different domains that I access using the cpanel interface ... For each site, I created a 'contact' form (php) for a visitor to submit questions/comments about the site.

The php script I created successfully sends an email to me (to my yahoo acct), using the mail () function, on one site, but does not deliver the message on the other site. The exact same code is being used on each site but it only works for one.

The site which it does *not* work on uses PHP version 5.0.4.
    The site where it does work uses PHP version 4.3.11.

I am not sure if this is a PHP version issue or if there is some setting that I need to modify ...

I looked all over this forum and the php.net site and google but was unable to find anything related to this problem.

Has anyone encountered this before or know of a solution to the problem?

Also, there are no errors displayed and I verified that the message is not being put in the yahoo spam folder....

Thanks for any help with this!!

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Assuming the domains are on different builds, either the php5 server runs phpsuexe or it has the setting to not allow "nobody" to send mail. Ask your provider to check that. If phpsuexec is set, you can try setting it up with a user name that can login to an existing mail account.

3. jdebois99

jdebois99 Registered

Thank you Jay for the reply ... I have just submitted a helpdesk ticket for this with my provider (siteground) per your advice. Hopefully they will have a solution!
    Thanks!

4. jdebois99

jdebois99 Registered

Thanks again Jay for the feedback ... I was able to resolve the issue via my providers (siteground) help desk support.

The messages were actually being placed in the spam folder :eek: but I did not see them b/c the timestamp was such that the messages were 'buried' in the spam folder and not shown amongst the recent messages.

Thanks again for the help!!
    :)