The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP-FPM and Apache Mod_Userdir

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by exelletor, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. exelletor

exelletor Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello guys,

I am having quite a lot of issues with speed optimization of my VPS, so I started with performing mysqltuner.pl tests, enabling cache etc. Eventually I ended up installing WHM 60.0.5 (current?) to enable PHP-FPM support.

I managed to enable PHP 7 and PHP-FPM for a number of my websites and they are totally fine - they are not as fast as a Ferrari, but they have very decent load speeds, especially compared to how slow they were before.

However, the tricky part is that I can not enable PHP-FPM support for the rest of my websites. In total I have about twenty of them, most of which are development websites. After I try to enable PHP-FPM, I notice that the website gets slower and when I perform a php-info test, I see that PHP version has changed to 5.6. Still, in the Multi PHP manager it still shows as 7.0. The website that is trying to beat a Ferrari shows the correct 7.0 version of php.
    All of the websites are just ordinary Wordpress/Woocommerce websites... What could be causing this?

My VPS specs are:

Centos 7
    Dual Core
    1.5 GB RAM
    50GB SSD

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just to rule it out: have you tried restarting Apache and php-fpm?

/scripts/restartsrv_httpd
    /scripts/restartsrv_apache_php_fpm

3. exelletor

exelletor Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I didn't know about the existence of cPanel ticket support, but the problem is now sorted. For users that might run into the same issue as I did - PHP-FPM is not compatible with mod userdir. So you need to view your websites through the regular domain like domain.com and not with cPanels host.com/~user which I used for my staging environments.

#3 exelletor, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2016
    cPanelMichael likes this.
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @exelletor,

Thank you for taking the time to update this thread with the outcome.

Currently, when you browse to "WHM > Security Center > Apache Mod Userdir Tweak", you will see the following message if Mod_Ruid2 or MPM_ITK are enabled:

Internal case CPANEL-9418 is open to reduce confusion by updating this message to include PHP-FPM and the CGI handler for PHP, as neither are compatible with Mod_Userdir. I'll update this thread with any status updates on this case as they become available.

Thank you.