Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP-FPM and Cpanel performance vs php-cgi

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Jaffery, Sep 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jaffery

Jaffery Member

I have a server where I was using PHP-FPM with worker MPM, however recently traffic grew a bit and I found that server is almost non-responsive, on checking found couple of PHP-FPM process using 100% cpu . Tried adjust pool value etc. But no gain, then I switched to cgi handler for PHP and now server can handle that increase traffic without lockup.

Meanwhile, apache error logs is showing following error with php-fpm
    [mpm_worker:error] [pid 31494:tid 139998474065888] AH00288: scoreboard is full, not at MaxRequestWorkers

However, switching to PHP-CGI , error is gone. Regarding scoreboard full error, most of the people faced error with event-mpm and that too because of some bug in apache which was supposed to be fixed with 2.4.25 .

In my cpanel I
    Server version: Apache/2.4.27 (cPanel)

Any idea if I want to use PHP-FPM , what things I need to fix considering the errors I am seeing ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator