PHP-FPM it's a good choice over traditional ?

Ramon Pego

Mar 12, 2019
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I have a server with 32 GB of ram which is more than enough for me, I read that PHP-FPM is faster but it apparently consumes more memory than the traditional one.
My server with 32 Gb of ram and with 110 clients is a good choice or it will be a burden for this amount of memory

Can you get an idea of how many accounts would be ideal to use PHP-FPM for a certain amount of memory?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! We enable this option by default on new installations so we definitely recommend it.

It's never really possible to say how many accounts will work with a certain RAM limit, as it depends on what else the server is doing and the type of work being performed. It's a question that gets asked a lot, but there just isn't a good way to answer that.

shahidi

Mar 2, 2006
Hello
I have some questions about PHP-fpm.
1) I couldn't understand what happens for the previous handler when we use both suphp and php-fpm ?
2) about disable functions. Is there any way to apply disable the function for all versions?
3) Is it working with LiteSpeed?
4) how about custom php.ini for each accounts?

Thaks

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Sure thing!

1 - When you make the change to PHP-FPM, that becomes the handler itself. You can find details on that here: PHP Handlers | cPanel & WHM Documentation
2 - If you are using PHP-FPM you can do this from the WHM >> MutliPHP Manager page under the "Manage Settings" button next to the global PHP-FPM option.
3 - By default, Litespeed will install and configure the LSPHP handler. You will actually need to disable PHP-FPM, and that is mentioned in the Litespeed documentation here: PHP with cPanel and LiteSpeed Web Server | LiteSpeed Documentation
4 - We actually have a documentation page for this here: How to Manage Your php.ini Directives with PHP FPM | cPanel & WHM Documentation

Let me know if you have other questions on this!

shahidi

Mar 2, 2006
Hello,
Something I never understand is that if we have LiteSpeed and in MultiPHP handler is SuPHP; which type of handler is working?
Is LiteSpeed bypass SuPHP and use its own lSPHP?
Thank you