The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP Help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by kbenson, May 23, 2006.

1. kbenson

kbenson Registered

I know there has to be a simple way to do this . . .

All I want to do is have a section of my site that only certain people can log onto. I want to assign them a username and password so that I know they are legitimately meant to be there. I have written a VERY basic database table in phpMyAdmin and just want to be able to create a login page.

I generally use Dreamweaver for my design, but am happy to do this through Cpanel or phpMyAdmin or whatever. I just need to know how or at least where to start looking. Everything I've found is a bit over my head as I have only used WYSIWYG programs and rarely deal with any code.

Any help would be much appreciated; I am about to tear my hair out because I know this ought to be a lot easier than it is.

Thanks,
    K

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

There's no quick and easy way to learn to code in PHP.

You'd preferably need to have a good background in programming, in which case you'd merely need to familiarise yourself with PHP and it's syntax.

That said, the following method would work. It's up to you how you go about implementing it in PHP:

1) Create an HTML form with a username field and a password field
    2) Have the form post to a PHP script
    3) Within the PHP script, compare the supplied password with that retrieved from the database. The database query would use the supplied username.

3. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I should also mention that you'd be better off posting such questions to php-related forums as this is not really (or not at all) a cPanel related issue.