The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iseng, May 3, 2007.

1. iseng

iseng Registered

Dear panel members - I hope you can help me - I'm a novice when it comes to scripts and php!
    I've successfully installed a HTML form mailer to my website hosted by cPanel - it all works fine but for one exception. The form I created has a field where people can attach a file to send to me.
    When the HTML form is sent to me in mail format, it only captures the file's name, but does not actually attach it to the mail.
    I'm pretty confident I've done everything I should as far as the script instructions go - but in the script manual it quotes "Most PHP installations allow file uploads by default. You may, however, need to contact your hosting provider and ask them to enable file uploads. The setting is in the server's php.ini file and is called upload_tmp_dir."
    Does anyone know where I can find this on my cPanel account?
    Or more to the point - any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

since cpanel isn't a web hosting provider ..it may be a good idea to ask for help from your hosting company.

3. erik@delphi

erik@delphi Well-Known Member

do what it tells you todo;if you do not have root access you cannot change this yourself you need your servers php.ini usually it is /usr/local/lib/php.ini OR if you have zend optimizer /usr/local/Zend/etc/php.ini you can find the correct command by looking at the phpinfo(); output then edit the correct setting when done restart your server

all done