The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php.ini disable functions

Discussion in 'Security' started by jerry12345, Sep 15, 2010.

1. jerry12345

jerry12345 Registered

First I think I have read all the previous posts on this and do't mean to cross post - this is a bit different. If I am doing so please move this.

We like many other companies need to have easy ability to enable certain functions like exec() or other in php.ini. We dont want to do this globally, but for a single account.

We are using suphp. We use suhosin module in apache.

It seems too complicated to try and setup custom php.ini for custom users. We decided to try and do this with suhosin. Basically we have followed this post

We do have suhosin now controlling which functions we can disable. Now it would appear that we cannot change/ edit virtual hosts to allow suhosin to enable a certain funtion per account. Apparently php_admin_value will not work with suphp. And on top of that we cannot figure out how to edit the virtual host and keep the edits (even using the distiller).

Any thoughts about the easiest way to enable some of these php functions for just one account, preferably using suhosin would be truly appreciated.

If anyone knows how to to this in a simple way with or without suhosin, we would be happy to pay for the knowledge.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I accidentally cross posted,

Jerry