Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

php.ini - options issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bignerd, Mar 29, 2011.

1. bignerd

bignerd Registered

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue with one of my WHM Installs. In an attempt to automate building out a new installation (the wrong way) I had done a DIFF on a "identical" (aparently not) php.ini.

Now whenever I save options it repeats extension = <whatever>

Does cPanel store the selected options in a database then reproduce / modify the php.ini accordingly?

Effectively, now whatever I have done, whenever I make a change via WHM, I have to go in and remove the extra extension= items or the server will not work.

Any advice would be grand...

Regards,

Michael (bignerd)

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The issue here is that we have two cases opened about repetitions in WHM > PHP Configuration Editor, which are also discussed in two recent forum threads:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/case-46972-url_rewriter-tag-php-error-parsing-189342.html
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f185/php-5-handler-shows-none-200532.html

At this time, it is preferred to edit the php.ini file manually at /usr/local/lib/php.ini over using the WHM > PHP Configuration Editor. I suggest opening up a ticket about the impacted machine, quoting both case numbers (46972 and 47683) and asking your ticket be flagged to those cases if it is impacting you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...