The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP.ini

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bblori, Sep 9, 2009.

1. bblori

bblori Registered

Hello,

Please help me, I'm begginer in cpanel configuring.
    I have installed latest Apache2 and php5 on cpanel, and I want to add to each domain one php.ini file.
    How can I make this??

Thanks in advance.
    Regards

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Unless this is done correctly, you open a very major security problem ....

As such, I'll be glad to just go ahead and do this for you. ;)

(Contact me by private message)

3. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Solution

As you want to set php.ini for your each an every domain due to that you need to use SuExec/Suphp enabled server so that you can manage php functions as per your requirement by using php.ini file

First you need to check if your server is Suexec/Suphp enabled or not? by using steps provided on following URL

The Perfect Forum / Blog ..What you think? » Blog Archive » Simply check server is SuExec or not?

If Suexec/Suphp haven't enabled then enable it by using easyapaceh

Run following script on your server as root user

/scripts/easyapache

and select suphp modules from list but I would like recommend you please do not try it yourself you can contact any server admin to enable it or you can also send private messages to us so that we can enable it for you....:)

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Linux7802, you are going to get him in a lot of trouble using the SuPHP home override exploit as a means to setup custom PHP configurations! Bad Idea!

That is precisely what I was trying to help him avoid! ;)

5. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Solution

Yes I understood that "Spiral" but without Suexec/Suphp he can't use customize php.ini file for each an every cPanel user

I would like to recommend "bblori" explain exact functions/modules he wants to manage with customize php.ini so that we can help him in better way.

6. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

I am not saying don't use SuPHP, I am just saying be "very" careful!

If you just blindly install SuPHP in it's default state (like from EasyApache) then every user on the server will be able override EVERY setting on your server's PHP configuration which is actually worse than standard insecure DSO (Apache module) based PHP because that at least limits overrides to restricted setting changes.

There are ways to overcome this vulnerability and setup custom PHP.INI configurations for accounts while still maintaining security and keeping protected from random (and possible dangerous) overrides from users!

Agreed! A little bit more information into "specifically" what he is trying to do would help a lot as it may not even be necessary for any custom configurations depending on what they are trying to do.