The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP issue with directive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by postcd, May 16, 2014.

1. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Hello,

i had issue where some websites did not worked showing PDO, Ioncube is missing, and really when i did command "php -m", these modules was not loaded, even in EasyApache it was enabled and i also rebuilt EasyApache again.

The cause was that i added this directive to php.ini:
    It is described there, it should allow one user site to have special disable_funcitons rules:
    https://forums.cpanel.net/f185/meth...ricting-who-can-use-php-ini-files-167186.html

on above topic i was requested to input this code to php.ini:
    Please how i need to modiffy above mentioned code so it dont cause issue? I have any unsupported PHP handler or PHP version?

Mine is:
    I have SuPHP PHP handler and SuExec On. My aim is to allow one user to use "exec" function.

Thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you considered using individual php.ini files within the account instead of making modifications to the global php.ini file? Have you verified there are no other alternatives to granting that single account the "exec" function? What exactly does the account need to do?

Thank you.

3. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

I did not considered that, but it may work. But what worked at the end was adding the lines like:
    to the very end of /usr/local/lib/php.ini file.. Im using SuPHP handler atm.

4. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

That is a valid solution for suPHP if you don't wish to allow individual php.ini files. I'm glad the above worked for you and thank you for posting the outcome/solution.