The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP Mail Configuration

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by VexTaylor, Feb 17, 2015.

1. VexTaylor

VexTaylor Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello all!

I am fairly new to the administrative side of cPanel/WHM and could use some help understanding how (and if it's even possible) to do what I would like.

I want to to disable PHP scripts (scripts using the mail() function and SMTP if possible) from sending messages externally, but still be able to send messages to internal email addresses. I thought I had read about this somewhere before, but decided I didn't need it at the time and have since been unable to relocate the place I read it.

Email is being handled on the same server as the web hosting.

I need the following to remain functional:
    • Email addresses need to be able to send and receive internally and externally.
    • PHP using the mail() function or SMTP need to be able to send internally to existing email addresses (or to forwards)
    • Some accounts are using dedicated IP addresses, so I will need to make sure they are able to send from their scripts internally as well

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I'm not sure it's possible to limit emails to internal addresses through PHP scripts, but to allow it for normal email accounts. You might be able to implement a custom Exim ACL, so you may want to post the Exim users mailing list to see if any other users have a similar configuration:

Exim Users Mailing List

Thank you.