php mail() function not sending mail

fuzzymonkey

Jun 11, 2004
I'm putting this in the WHM forum because I used easyapache to configure php with phpsuexec. I have the mail() function enabled in WHM, and this was working for some time, but I have just been alerted that php's mail() function on this server no longer sends emails. I haven't made any changes to apache or php. I'm running php 4.4.2 configured with:

$ ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql=/usr --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning --with-zlib --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/ --with-png-dir=/usr/

Same script sends emails on other servers, but I have no way of finding out the php version or whether they use phpsuexec.

fuzzymonkey

Jun 11, 2004
Yes, I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. That's what I meant when I said I had the mail() function enabled in WHM.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Check whether you have a file /etc/eximmailtrap - if that exists, delete it and then edit /var/cpanel/cpanel.config and set eximmailtrap=0