The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php mail function?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kobeeightjp, Jan 27, 2010.

1. kobeeightjp

kobeeightjp Registered

Hey guys my php mail function appeared to only work sporadically this morning. After hours of searching I found that dreadful folder on the server where all of the emails were being stored. Basically I am writing a php script that sends an email to someone at name@owm.org.....unfortunately our site name is also owm.org :mad:....the emails are not reaching there proper destination because it is being blocked by the server thinking I am sending it an email. When in fact I am sending it to a google mail account that happens to have the same extension of owm.org....is it possible to bypass this and actually send an email to the intended recipient?:confused:

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Please elaborate on the specific setup and configuration involved.

For example, it will help to know the following:
    1.) What is setup that is sending mail to a Google Mail account? Is this an e-mail forwarder, an e-mail domain forwarder, or an e-mail filter?
    2.) Is the local system (with cPanel and WHM) setup to host the domain's mail locally, or are you needing to send all of the domain's mail to a remote mail server (MX) such as when using Google Apps to host e-mail (for the entire domain name)?
    3.) Is the same domain name being used for both the server hostname and the cPanel user account's primary domain? To help clarify, which of the following examples (A or B) matches how the domain name is being used (where "domain.tld" represents the same domain name)?
    3.A.) Server Hostname: server.domain.tld; Account Domain: domain.tld
    3.B.) Server Hostname: domain.tld; Account Domain: domain.tld

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    #3 cPanelDon, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010