Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

PHP mail issues?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Mugz, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Mugz

Mugz Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

After Googling for hours to try and find a solution, I decided to come here to see if anybody could suggest anything that may help.

This is my first dedicated server with WHM/Cpanel (we had to make a decision to move one client due to the demands of their website but i'm not familiar with this environment - still learning. :)

The problem:
    Contact forms do not send mail on any cpanel account. (I don't get server notifications either, but I don't know if that's a related issue - the email address is set and I used to get them).

What I've tried:

Enable the setting that nobody can send mail in tweak settings.
    Create wordpress@ email address and use this as the from address.
    Restarted mail services after making above changes.

I still can't cant it to work. I think it must be some change I have to do in exim configuration but I really don't know what.

I have CSF firewall and cphulk installed and enabled. The cpanel accounts are all owned by root.

Does anybody know of anything else I can try to get to the bottom of this? CSF allows you to see logs and I once saw something about HELO but I can't find that message anymore.

Thanks for any help.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you notice any specific error messages in /var/log/exim_mainlog file ? Please check it and post here some logs so that we can assist you on this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mugz likes this.
  3. Mugz

Mugz Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry I didn't see your reply. I didn't notice anything specific in the log file. In fact, nothing from the clients domain was showing in the log file when tried to submit the contact form. I noticed that it wouldn't submit to my work email but I receive it on my hotmail (so a possible spam filter issue) however, this was after I added [yourname]<[youremail]> in contact form 7. So at the moment, after adding the above in contact form 7, it works. I think that the possibly the clients spam filter is blocking the wordpress email if it's still they case they can't receive the email. I will have to confirm with them.

Thanks for your help.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I'm happy to see you were able to address the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...