The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP mail issues?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Mugz, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Mugz

Mugz Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

After Googling for hours to try and find a solution, I decided to come here to see if anybody could suggest anything that may help.

This is my first dedicated server with WHM/Cpanel (we had to make a decision to move one client due to the demands of their website but i'm not familiar with this environment - still learning. :)

The problem:
    Contact forms do not send mail on any cpanel account. (I don't get server notifications either, but I don't know if that's a related issue - the email address is set and I used to get them).

What I've tried:

Enable the setting that nobody can send mail in tweak settings.
    Create wordpress@ email address and use this as the from address.
    Restarted mail services after making above changes.

I still can't cant it to work. I think it must be some change I have to do in exim configuration but I really don't know what.

I have CSF firewall and cphulk installed and enabled. The cpanel accounts are all owned by root.

Does anybody know of anything else I can try to get to the bottom of this? CSF allows you to see logs and I once saw something about HELO but I can't find that message anymore.

Thanks for any help.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you notice any specific error messages in /var/log/exim_mainlog file ? Please check it and post here some logs so that we can assist you on this.

Mugz likes this.
  3. Mugz

Mugz Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry I didn't see your reply. I didn't notice anything specific in the log file. In fact, nothing from the clients domain was showing in the log file when tried to submit the contact form. I noticed that it wouldn't submit to my work email but I receive it on my hotmail (so a possible spam filter issue) however, this was after I added [yourname]<[youremail]> in contact form 7. So at the moment, after adding the above in contact form 7, it works. I think that the possibly the clients spam filter is blocking the wordpress email if it's still they case they can't receive the email. I will have to confirm with them.

Thanks for your help.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I'm happy to see you were able to address the issue. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.