The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP (Mail) Marked As Spam Yahoo/Msn

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by PAKIDIL, Feb 23, 2008.

1. PAKIDIL

PAKIDIL Registered

Hi,

i have a issue on my WHM/Cpanel Linux Server. I have hosted few vbulletin and IPB forums. Problem is that, when someone REGISTERS the CONFIRMATION email is sent to JUNK/SPAM in Hotmail and Yahoo email boxes.

I have noted that The Confirmation emails sent from many other servers are NOT MARKED as spam by Yahoo and Hotmail email accounts.
    But the mails sent from My servers are marked as SPAM by default.

I have pasted the headers below:

Here are headers

Mails sent from this server works fine.
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of webmaster@vbulletin.org designates 209.62.16.134 as permitted sender) client-ip=209.62.16.134;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of webmaster@vbulletin.org designates 209.62.16.134 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=webmaster@vbulletin.org

Mails sent from this server are sent to SPAM folder by default:

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 66.90.101.249 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of zahidon_4u@yahoo.com) client-ip=66.90.101.249;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 66.90.101.249 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of zahidon_4u@yahoo.com) smtp.mail=zahidon_4u@yahoo.com

One thing i am sure is there is something that needs to be fixed in WHM. Some option but i am not sure of that.

Could anyone please help it out ?

2. nick1

nick1 Member

you need to make sure that you have setup reverse DNS for your domain.

You can use the following command to check the status:

nslookup example.com

Thanks

3. Vinayak

Vinayak Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    PAKIDIL, it seems your out going mail sender address is zahidon_4u@yahoo.com, so here the domain is yahoo.com which does not permit your IP 66.90.101.249 to send mail as yahoo.

Now steps you should follow are (if you own the server)

IP 66.90.101.249 should have rDNS set as anything.pakidil.com
    pakidil.com should have SPF record published.
    You should use something@pakidil.com instead of zahidon_4u@yahoo.com

But it seems your domain is hosted with pakistanihosting.com and it seems they don't have rDNS set for the main IP at server.pakistanihosting.com, so talk to them, they can get it done from their DC. Also talk to them for publishing SPF record for your domain.
    And yes use something@pakidil.com to send mail.