The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php mail()

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Telfie, Jul 11, 2003.

1. Telfie

Telfie Registered

I am based on a cPanel reseller and have been having issues with the running of php mail().

Up until recently, the service has been running BUT now, when ever an automated mail goes to an external email address ie not on my resellers domain, it fails to get delivered. I know the message is being created as I have a BCC to come to me so that I know the message has gone and that I need to take action to assist the client.

If you are aware of any of the settings that need to be altered to "free" my mail generated by php's mail() function could you please let me know so that I can pass it on to my reseller.

Thanks

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

Your host may have enabled mail blocking by the user nobody. Ask them if they have this enabled.

3. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Or they could have a version of cpanel that had a bug in it. If they are on a version of cpanel 7 ( edge 19 or below ) get them to upgrade to the latest release or even edge.

4. Telfie

Telfie Registered

Thanks for the response.

Yes I suspect the mail blocker but they can't seem to locate it. I have placed in my code Headers From and Replyto which by all accounts should work. And do on another host.

I will check what version they are running with them and make a few suggestions to them ...

Thanks again