The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP manual install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NeoRio, Nov 7, 2005.

1. NeoRio

NeoRio Registered

I need to install SOAP with version 5.0.4 PHP, but it is cannot be selected. I see there have been some requests for it. I would like to manually install PHP. I go into the PHP-5.0.4 directory in the buildapache directory. But when I do a refrest on phpinfo() it doesn't add the --enable-soap option.

I do the regular (copied the line from config.status with the original config and added --enable-soap):

./configure ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --with-swf=/usr/local/flash --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-gettext --with-imap --with-imap-ssl --with-kerberos --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql=/usr --with-openssl --enable-discard-path --with-pdflib --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --with-ttf --with-freetype-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-versioning --enable-wddx --with-xmlrpc --with-zip --with-zlib --enable-soap

make

make install

How can I get the config to commit?

2. oulzac

oulzac Well-Known Member

I know this is old, but I am having this same issue with php 5.1.4? any ideas?

3. oulzac

oulzac Well-Known Member

I keep getting:
    Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in ...

From what I can find (wich most of what I find when searching is not helpfull at all) it tells me because --enable-soap is not compiled into php, but everytime I do that, it does not work :(

4. xixi

xixi Active Member

Any new info ? I have compiled php 5.1.4 also with --enable-soap but without results .

5. xixi

xixi Active Member

there is still no answer, anybody have compiled soap with php5 as CGI ? :)

6. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

a long shot possibly, but is it available through pear or pecl?

7. xixi

xixi Active Member

no, it must be compiled with php5 (suffix: --soap) but it doesnt work :(

8. loadsysinc

loadsysinc Registered

We need PHP 5 with built-in SOAP as well....any headway on this? Can't it be added so it can easily be compiled in in WHM?

Lee

9. oulzac

oulzac Well-Known Member

Well for me after trying many times, I did this for the 8th or 9th time and it all the sudden worked, so I am assuming this is an oversight on my part, and I also think I forgot to stop apache before all the other times, and I am sure I forgot the make clean........

Code:
    service httpd stop

cd /home/cpapachebuild

cd buildapche

cd php-5.1.2

make clean

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --prefix=/usr/local --with-xml --with-mm --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --with-dom --with-dom-xslt --with-xsl --with-dom-exslt --enable-exif --with-swf=/usr/local/flash --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-gettext --with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2004g --enable-mbstring --enable-mbstr-enc-trans --enable-mbregex --with-mcrypt --with-mhash --with-ming=../ming-0.2a --enable-magic-quotes --with-mm --with-mysqli --with-mysql=/usr --with-openssl --enable-discard-path --with-pear --with-pgsql=/usr --with-pspell --enable-xslt --with-xslt-sablot --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --with-ttf --with-freetype-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-wddx --with-xmlrpc --with-zip --with-zlib --enable-soap

make

make install

service httpd restart

Hopefully you guys can get yours to work aswell :D

10. zgott300

zgott300 Member

Worked for me!!!

Thanks Much!!!!!

11. Blackknight

Blackknight Member

Yes, thank you.

Any way to fix this so that it doesn't break every time Cpanel updates?

12. JGrubbs

JGrubbs Active Member

I'm getting this error:

-bash: cd: /home/cpapachebuild: No such file or directory

13. empiror

empiror Registered

Got SOAP & PDO_MYSQL Working

Thanks a million oulzac for your post. Been trying to figure this out all week and my dedicated server provider told me it couldn't be done as compiling PHP outside of CPanel's easyapache is too dangerous because of how the software all hangs together. Anyway, by following through your steps I was able to get SOAP (and PDO_MYSQL) working which I badly needed.

I knew there was someway it could be done, but finding this information was not easy - so thanks again.:)

14. Charles Sweeney

Thank you oulzac!!

Worked like a charm.

The problem I had was trying to install gd from WHM using software >> apache update. No matter how many times I tried it, selecting gd, it just wouldn't install it. Also when using /scripts/easyapache it wouldn't give me the configuration options (allowing me to pick gd) but just went on ahead and ran!

Your solution certainly did the job! I will need to keep an eye on it and see how it is affected with any updates etc.

Is that a typo in your post "cd buildapche"? For me it was "cd buildapache".

15. rwagener11

rwagener11 Member

Problem

I was running 5.2.3 and changed the script above to the correct folder and ran the script. It killed my https site. I am now recompilling the original setup. Is there really no other solutions but two post about SoapClient. JSHDKJHDJHD