PHP MySQL Authanticating with File User Owner

kelepirci

Aug 27, 2006
Hello all,

One of our VPS customer's cPanel installed VPS server is having very strange error. They complained about php database connection problem. When I invastigate the problem I have realised following error:

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/gunesank/public_html/test2.php on line 2
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
First, I tought this a simple MySql authantication error, but it was not. As you can see on abow, nobody user triying to authanticate @ localhost. nobody user is the file owner. If I change the file owner to simon the error message will change as follow:

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'siom'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/gunesank/public_html/test2.php on line 2
Could not connect: Access denied for user 'simon'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Is anyone has come across with such strange problem?:confused:

kelepirci

Aug 27, 2006
I am definitly sure. The DB user and password are correct and proper permissions for the user has been granted.

kelepirci

Aug 27, 2006
Yes, I am very sure and I have double checked. The user and dtabase has been created with cPanel and proper permissions are granted from cPanel.

You can be sure that this is not a simple authantication issue. This is more than that :D

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please check if the following option is enabled in the /usr/local/lib/php.ini file:

Code:
sql.safe_mode
If this option is enabled, please disable it and restart Apache. When this option is enabled, MySQL will try to use the cPanel username without a password for all database connections and not try to use the script's actual MySQL username and password for the connection.

Thank you.