The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP/MySQL problems after 24/05/06 update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chataholicdan, May 24, 2006.

1. chataholicdan

chataholicdan Member

Hi,

Like others on here i had the mysql upgrade issue. Despite the logs saying that cpanel upgraded version 4.0 to a later 4.0, it actually upgraded to 4.1. Ive got mysql fired up anyway, runninng mysql_fix_privilege_tables.

The issue i now have is when i run the apache update, and recompile to the latest PHP (im on 5.0.5) and trying 5.1.4. This failed so i immediately tried 5.1.2, which also failed.

When i disable configure and gcc output i get make errors:

Untarring php....Done
    Running configure:
    LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/lib64" /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache/callbacklog --prog configure --dir /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache/build-log -- --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --prefix=/usr/local --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-mhash --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysqli --with-mysql=/usr --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --with-ttf --with-freetype-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-versioning --enable-wddx --with-zlib

./configure [@php-5.1.4]...(--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --prefix=/usr/local --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-mhash --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysqli --with-mysql=/usr --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --with-ttf --with-freetype-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-versioning --enable-wddx --with-zlib).... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

make [@php-5.1.4]...(-j 1 clean).... Done

make [@php-5.1.4]...(-j 1).... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

make: *** [libphp5.la] Error 1

make [@php-5.1.4]...(install).... . . . . Done

make: *** [libphp5.la] Error 1
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start: httpd started

./configure [@php-5.1.4]...(--prefix=/usr --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --with-curl --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --with-mhash --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysqli --with-mysql=/usr --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --with-ttf --with-freetype-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --enable-versioning --enable-wddx --with-zlib).... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

make [@php-5.1.4]...(-j 1 clean).... Done

make [@php-5.1.4]...(-j 1).... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

make: *** [sapi/cgi/php] Error 1

make [@php-5.1.4]...(install).... . . . . Done

make: *** [sapi/cgi/php] Error 1
    initfpsuexec: using apache 2.x support
    PHP version file is up to date
    ./build all
    ./build install
    initfpsuexec: using apache 2.x support

When i enable the gcc and configure output, i dont get those. The full output available: here
    (although it is rather big and doesn't appear to give any pointers.)

So the recompile is failing, thankfully its not overwriting the php binary with a incorrectly compiled one so my server still works. But im having issues of pages failing to load etc, odd happenings so i want to recompile to make sure php/apache are aware of all the mysql changes etc.

Has anybody else encountered this, does anybody have any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

2. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

Well then dont compile to v5. Have you tried v4.4.2?

3. chataholicdan

chataholicdan Member

No and i don't plan to. At the moment i have a semi-working php 5 binary, i don't want to go backwards as i have a need for v5. Trying to compile v4 may cause me to lose where i am at the moment.

4. Suicidal-Toast

Suicidal-Toast Registered

Have you tried turning it off and on again? :cool:

5. LordJMann

LordJMann Well-Known Member

HAVING THE SAME ISSUE... Need some resolvement!

6. chataholicdan

chataholicdan Member

Have submitted ticket to Cpanels support, will update here as soon as i hear anything. Glad to hear im not alone.

7. jswf

jswf Registered

8. Saloni

Saloni Active Member

9. chataholicdan

chataholicdan Member

10. LordJMann

LordJMann Well-Known Member

That is only a temporary solution to the build issue. It does not fix the issue that the MySQL on my server ceases to function properly period. I had to upgrade all the way to MySQL 5 for it to begin working somewhat smoothly, I can't touch anything in fear it might break again, so I await updates.