The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

php not displaying version number in cpanel...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wselby, Mar 28, 2005.

1. wselby

wselby Registered

I bought a server the other day with whm and cpanel loaded, running red hat enterprise 3.0. I rebuilt apache using the "build apache" feature in whm to include the php module. However, when all is said and done, I go into any cpanel account on the box and down the page to where it lists all the software versions (Perl Version, PHP version, etc) and everything has a value in it's box except for php. Also, when I try to access any php-nuke site on the box, it doesn't work.

I'm in the process of moving data over from an old server, but haven't done a whole lot. Tried setting up a fresh install of php-nuke just to check from fantastico. I haven't changed any of the DNS so all my zones are still pointing to my old box, the only way to access these sites currently is by "http://ip.addy.of.site/~username". When I access any of these sites and it's an php-nuke based site, I get prompted to download a file, instead of a webpage.

Any help?

2. wselby

wselby Registered

meh, looks like apache was installed incorrectly to begin with. I unchecked the box that lets buildapache skip the reinstall of apache, and ran it that way, and now it works.

3. oscar_lkpg

oscar_lkpg Registered

I have same problem

I have same problem but PHP isnt working at all. I think it is installed, PHP MyAdmin works fine. But PHP doesnt work on the websites, I only get up the download file option when i try a PHP file.. Do I have to activate PHP on each website or?? I have tried Upgrade Apache and it seems php is installed...?