The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP-NUKE screws up port 2082 access

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trukfixer, Aug 7, 2003.

1. trukfixer

trukfixer Active Member

clients are now unable to access their cpanel after a client tried to install php-nuke (not knowing it was already set up and installable via cpanel backends) and now no one is able to login to port 2082, 2083 or 2087.. WHM still works off port 2086 can anyone advise me on how to find what php-nuke did and un-do it?? I've got a huge headache now with this.. short of re-installing cpanel completely.. I need to fix this and undo what php-nuke did. (user installed in a folder below public_html, that folder is not accessible, regardless of permissions, via port 80, the account is unable to display the frontend/x/index.html file of cpanel, and the other accounts dont even HAVE /cpanel correctly mapped to them anymore...

PLEASE HELP??!!

I've tried rolling back the configuration file to a week ago, but that doesnt do anything.. something is royally goofed up .. ftp access works for all accounts and shell access works for all accounts, but /cpanel or port 2082 has somehow been un-mapped by php-nuke.. in spite of permissions...

ever rebooting server after the config file rollback doesnt fix the issue

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. mmkassem

mmkassem Well-Known Member

I doubt that phpnuke is the reason for the problems you are having.

Did you install a firewall recently?

try the following:
    /scripts/updatenow
    /scripts/upcp

/etc/init.d/cpanel3 restart

3. trukfixer

trukfixer Active Member

nope. no firewall installed.. unless phpnuke makes one..

however php nuke may have messed with mysql database permissions somehow..

if that would affect anything.. recent re-install of OS after hard drive replacement.. now I dont remember if I ever set mysql root... I thought I did.. but it has me doubting..

cause if someone ran phpnuke .. before config was set .. it would have been able to log on to mysql as root if there was no password set..:(

any clues to find the mapping for how /cpanel is redirected to :2082.. and also ownership of cpanel folder, etc.. created a new account.. somehow mail perms got reset or changed to that account..

something is really screwed up, I know that much .. sites work fine.. it's isolated to cpanel users...

all I know is teh account in question atteempted to install phpnuke, and right after that cpanel logins stopped working..

that account- comes up page cannot be displayed.. all other accounts.. cant even FIND the cpanel folder to map it to 2082...

if that helps..

Thanks.

Bri!

4. mmkassem

mmkassem Well-Known Member

cpanel does not use mysql to store any login or related information.

You should look for other reasons. phpnuke can never stop cpanel ports.

phpnuke is just a php portal script.. It can never do what you think.

check httpd.conf for the script .. it is just a normal script to redirect /cpanel to http://wwww.domain.com:2082 .. It has nothing to do with logging in to the control panel.

:confused:

5. trukfixer

trukfixer Active Member

by cant find.. I mean.. browser acts as if /cpanel folder doesnt exist on all other accounts....

in other words.. what you get if you try to go to a non-existent folder..

HOWEVER.. the particular account that has phpnuke installed.. when you attempt to access /cpanel folder.. the cannot find error displays as if the folder is there but the index file is missing.. same for /cpanel/frontend..

here's whats funny about that.. that folder domain.com/phpnuke.. contains a file named frontend.html

and same effects attempting to access the file itself- like permissions are wrong.. but they've been checked.. even set to 777 but .. still get forbidden..

either way .. target account. gives page cannot be displayed.. the remaining accounts, when accessing /cpanel- give error as if the whole folder is non-existent...

as if the account with phpnuke.. now owns anything associated with /cpanel or :2082

but it doesnt....
    very very odd. .thanks for info about database.. mysql works fine.. in fact all domains work fine via port 80 .. no problems. its all isolated to just /cpanel and ports 2082, 2083, and 2087.. WHM works fine..

Ill dig into root soon as I get home.. in about an hour..

6. trukfixer

trukfixer Active Member

OK found it..

simple actually

the datacenter was doing some electrical work on the backup generators.. and happened to experience a power outage. at the exact time that my box decided to run automatic cpanel updates..

tried restarting cpanel- they stopped as "failed". restarted as OK.. 3 times..

so I did as suggested. /scripts/upcp and then /sbin/service cpanel restart

all fixed now.. thanks.

it just so happened. that the account was also installing phpnuke at the same time as the updates were happening.. AND at the same time as the power outage.. the account ended up being unable to access the newly created folder at all, which is what got me looking at phpnuke perms as a source..
    but after researching phpnuke's bugs.. I couldnt find any reason it would cause these problems either ..

Just goes to show.. you learn something new every day ...

I still recommend postnuke over phpnuke.. :D