The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP openbase errors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abhishek, May 25, 2004.

1. Abhishek

Abhishek Member

Hello Everybody,

I'm getting following error for a particular domain when I try to execute phpinfo.php

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/alexande/public_html/phpinfo.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/alexteno:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/bin/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/alexande/public_html/phpinfo.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/alexande/public_html/phpinfo.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

The error above has been faced by many, as I could notice from the forums. but still I wasn't able to find a proper fix for it....
    Any help would be highly appreciated.......

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

You've enabled OpenBasedir protection and are probably trying to access the phpinfo.php script on the 'alenande' account via a domain name that belongs to the 'alexteno' account.

The error is telling you everything you need to know, and technically isn't an error at all; you're violating the protection you enabled with the request, so the system is trapping it properly and simply telling you that.

3. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

Thats not true. We are getting the same error and rest assured we are not trying to access anyone elses scripts.