PHP PECL install error (phpize not found)

Operating System & Version
CentOS 7
cPanel & WHM Version

Jaynator495

Registered
Sep 18, 2018
United States of America
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I'm trying to install the mongodb plugin for PHP 8 through PECL, however phpize fails saying it isn't found.
Code:
/opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/bin/pecl install mongodb
WARNING: channel "pecl.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "pecl channel-update pecl.php.net" to update
downloading mongodb-1.9.1.tgz ...
Starting to download mongodb-1.9.1.tgz (1,285,984 bytes)
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................done: 1,285,984 bytes
586 source files, building
running: phpize
sh: phpize: command not found
ERROR: `phpize' failed

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I wasn't able to reproduce this one a CentOS 7 machine. I would expect the phpize command to be present in the /opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/bin/ directory. Is that not present?

Code:
ls -lah /opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/bin/phpize

Jaynator495

Registered
Sep 18, 2018
United States of America
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! I wasn't able to reproduce this one a CentOS 7 machine. I would expect the phpize command to be present in the /opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/bin/ directory. Is that not present?

Code:
The files is present, command results below:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 4.8K Jun  2 21:34 /opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/bin/phpize

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Jaynator495. That's certainly odd. I think it would be best to open a support ticket so that our analysts can review the issue more thoroughly and determine what exactly is occurring. You can submit a support request using the "Submit a ticket" link in my signature below.

Please be sure to link this thread when opening the ticket and provide the ticket number here so that we can track the issue appropriately. If possible, please post the resolution on this thread as it may help other community members with similar issues.