The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PHP Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drsprite, Sep 30, 2004.

1. drsprite

drsprite Active Member

First off, this is a help thread related to the installation of PHP and Whois.Cart. Whois.Cart works fine, but not with PayPal IPN postings. I think I have some skewed options with my PHP setup and I am looking for some help...

After about 30 days of technical support tickets with PayPal and Whois.Cart()tm, it's come to the conclusion that I am having a problem with my server. I have checked, recompiled and re-checked my apache, and PHP settings, yet the problem still exists.

Here's the mini-scoop,

When a client pays via PayPal, the IPN "posts" 3 times. Or so it seems, it was later found that on a test server, it posts once. Now with these 3 times, the script processes 3 times, creating 3 accounts, 3 receipts to the end user, and 3 headaches for me. Unfortunatly, official tech support from both companies cannot offer any server related troubleshooting. Which is why I'm bringing this here.

Perhaps there is someone out there with a little more linux experience than me that can help me out and point me in the right direction to get this issue fixed. Steps that I have taken are recompiling Zend, Apache, CURL, and PHP. All are up to date to their most recent versions, and PHP is 4.3.9, not 5.0

I have another webspace to work off of, so I'll be trying to setup a mirror while this issue gets looked at. Let me know if you can help. The forums, email or PM all work great for me.

Thanks!